I’m making some turians! These are a little different from how Garrus was done; the face plates and mandibles are cast resin pieces rather than latex, but the overall principle is similar.
These masks are being made to as closely resemble the in-game aliens from Mass Effect as possible. The face is set a few inches in front of the wearer’s face (less so for the females), which better matches a turian’s profile. The wearer sees through several areas – the space around the eyes, through the nose and mouth, and through a few cutout sections in other parts of the mask. The turian eyes are made of glass and give a wonderfully realistic look!
Want a mask?
- Female Turian Marking Guides
- Male Turian Marking Guides
- Male Turian Mask Kit – Mandible Placement
- Turian Tattoo Database – Variety of turian facial markings (external link)
- Female Turian Instruction Guide
- Male Turian Instruction Guide
Female mask sculpting:
Female and male mask molds (see also: Female Turian Mask in Progress):
Comparison between male and female mask faceplates:
Sculpting the lower jaws (and crest for the male mask):
Female and male mandibles:
Eyes and teeth: