My adhesive vinyl decals are rated for outdoor use and are semi-permanent. These decals are removable but not reusable, and they should NOT be used on painted interior house walls. However, they work great on car windows, laptops, or any other smooth, flat surface you'd like to customize!
These vinyl decals are cut on my own machine at home and come with an instruction sheet to get you started.
Other items with this art
Vinyl Decal Application Instructions
- Choose a flat, smooth surface where you’d like to apply your decal, such as a car window, the back of a laptop, or other similar location.
- Clean the surface with rubbing alcohol or soap and water. Please avoid using cleaning products like Windex which might leave a residue and prevent the vinyl from sticking properly.
- Gently peel the white backing off of the vinyl decal. The decal will remain adhered to the transfer paper (the side that looks and feels like a wide piece of masking tape).
- Decide where you wish to position your decal. Press the top of the decal into place first, and then slowly lower the design onto the surface, pressing it down firmly and smoothing it as you go. (A squeegee or the edge of a credit card work well for this.)
- For best results, allow 24 hours before you remove the transfer paper.
- Slowly peel the transfer paper off. Start from the top and peel downward to keep the transfer paper from pulling at the decal. The vinyl will adhere to the surface. If any corners of the vinyl lift up, press the transfer paper back onto that spot firmly and try again.
This adhesive vinyl is semi-permanent and is safe to use outdoors. With proper care, it should last several years. If possible, avoid positioning your decal under the path of a windshield wiper, as the wiper blade may damage the decal or vice versa.
Decals rated for outdoor use (like these) should not be used on interior house walls, as they are not easily removed and will leave residue.
For the best result, avoid applying your decal in extremely hot or cold weather.